Monday, November 18, 2013

The Grillhouse, You will never forget its meat...


Maybe due to the fact that I haven't really involved myself on our last holidays planning, I left Madrid thinking almost only on wildlife and on the safari experience I was about to live... 
And then, after 18 hours travelling and just a couple of hours in Johannesburg, this mindset completely changed... and I have now to correct the first sentence and add the amazing gastronomic experience we lived...

It may be difficult to explain, but if you are a meat lover like me, in the right moment you arrive the GrillHouse you feel that this is clearly a must go in South Africa and that you are about to experience an "another planet" meal... Just one tip for the next time you go to a Steakhouse: apart from the weight of the knife pick up the knife with one finger just in the middle between the blade and the handle. If it is heavy and it stays equilibrated you are dealing with a very special top quality knife, and it may mean you are about to taste same or better quality food...

In fact I was completely right! From the starters, of which I would highlight the snails to the main courses that, to be honest, were the best ribs and rump steak I've tasted the whole holidays and, no doubt, if not the best one of the best I've ever eaten!
If you sum to this a very correct staff attention a really interesting wine list, and most important a great group of friends, you get an excellent meal like we had.

After the meal I understood why our friend Juan made the dinner reservation in advance, we could not miss it! It is really a pity that it is so far away from Madrid... 

A tip If you live around: visit the amazing shop, just in front of the restaurant and try do this amazing steaks at home!

Where?
The Grillhouse, Corner of Oxford Road and Bierman Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg (+27 11 880 3945; www.thegrillhouse.co.za)
How Much?
Aprox. 25 - 35€

No comments:

Post a Comment