Monday, May 20, 2013

My first Steak Tartare...

If you are a frequent reader of this blog, you will certainly know that I am completely addicted to Steak Tartar .. So this Saturday as I didn't found the piece of sirloin that was looking to make a beef tataki I bought a couple of pieces of sirloin to prepare my first steak tartar...

You will need:
Beef sirloin or striploin
Gherkin
Capers
dijon mustard
Salt and Pepper
chilli
shallot
Egg yolk
parsley

Start by chopping the Gherkins, shallots and capers and let it rest. Then, with a sharp knife chop the beef patiently, resist the temptation of putting it into a grinder... In the end, you will see that the texture and taste of meat has absolutely nothing to do with what you've tasted before ...
In a bowl mix all ingredients, (the proportions may vary according to your personal taste): Gherkins, capers, shallots, dijon mustard salt and pepper, finely chopped chillies and finally the chopped meat. To finish mix one egg yolk and a bit of finely chopped parsley ...

I served it with a mix of vegetables (onion, carrot and courgette): I started by grilling separately due to different cooking times, and then just cook in preheated oven at 150 ºC with a drizzle of olive oil for 10 minutes.

Note: You may also serve it with fries

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment